Sunday, March 13, 2011

Course Reflection: The End

Overall I thoroughly enjoyed this class. The content was interesting and even the lectures piqued my interest (being a history buff). I was especially fond of the projects, though I felt like they could have used a little bit more structure to them. Not only did Gabe say that many would be emailing him right before they were due trying to figure out what to do, but I myself often thought where to start due to the lack of rules. I like how they are so open that you can do just about anything but at the same time I worried if what I was producing was what he was looking for. Had it been a little more structured (and by that I mean like one more rule, even a small one, per project) I feel like my confidence in my skills and my ideas would have been greater and that I may have been able to produce better finished products. Other than that, I wasn't fond of blogging at first, seeing as I'd kind of swore to myself to never do it, but as the quarter moved on I began to see it as something entirely different from my previous belief of people whining about their lives daily. It is a nice place to find ideas, designs, up and coming concepts and news on certain things, which I know follow. The books were alright, they did their job but I wasn't overly fond of reading them, some things were interesting, but the majority of it seemed to drone on. Lastly Gabe, you were a great professor, and even though I'm still thinking about going into industrial design, you've certainly put the idea of applying for interior in there as well. Final thoughts: I loved the class, the projects and experiences from it, and I hope that they've at least started me on the right track to one day becoming a designer.

1 comment:

  1. Hello, How do I get in touch with you? There is no email or contact info listed .. please advise .. thanks .. Mary. Please contact me maryregency at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete